OF LONG LOST RELATIVES
are photos provided by Tom Klein. Tom's grandmother was Mary Mehm
Balz, my grandfather's sister. None of these photos had any names
on them, and neither of us recognize who they are. We need your
help to identify these long lost relatives and put a name with the
face. Most of the photos are on Cabinet Cards, which are a stiff
cardboard about 4" x 6" with the photography studio's
name imprinted on the card. I believe the photos were taken sometime
between 1890 and 1910.
Please email me if you have a similar photo in your collection possibly
with a name on it, or believe you can identify one or more of them.
Thanks, Joe Mehm firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE
Photo may have been taken between 1898 and 1906.
2. Appears to be an earlier photo of the woman in photo
3. Unknown woman.
4. This photo has been identified as Agnes (Balz) Swithers
by her daughter, Nancy Katany. It is Agnes' confirmation portrait.
(Photo taken about 1923/1924?).
5. Unknown woman.
7. Looks like probably a Confirmation photo.
8. Looks like a girl holding a doll.
9. Looks like it could be a photo of a boy.
photo could be either a boy or a girl.
This one's definitely a little boy.
12. This could be either a baby boy or girl.
13. Unknown girl.
14. This is a photo of Tom Klein's grandmother, Mary (Mehm)
Balz on the right. The woman on the the left in the photo is unknown.
15. This man looks similar to a photo of Frank Henry Balz (1866-1942)
that Joe Hahn sent me. Frank married Catherine Schmitt in 1894.
This may be photo of Martin Klein and family. The man in the photo
looks similar to a photo sent to me by Ginny (Henry) Lucinski of
a Martin Klein. Taken on the front porch of what looks like a general
store, possibly owned by the family.
| MY GENEALOGY | SURNAMES
| MY ANCESTORS
OTHER MEHMS | LINKS
| GUESTBOOK | SCHNITZELBANK